Support Quick Links
Call tech support:800-345-6572 (M-F, 8a -5p EST)
Frequently Asked Questions
DiFM Professional Cooling System Treatment (p/n J-100)Download PDF
- Is Bar’s Leaks DiFM 5-Gram Cooling System Treatment tablets compatible with antifreeze?
Yes, the tablets work with ALL types and brands of domestic, import and heavy duty antifreeze.
- Can Bar’s Leaks DiFM 5-Gram Cooling System Treatment tablets be installed in the new extended life antifreeze?
Yes, tablets are compatible with both conventional green or blue (Silicate-Based) and extended life red/orange or yellow (OAT/HOAT) coolant. This includes brand names and types like Dex-Cool and GO5.
- Will Bar’s Leaks DiFM 5-Gram Cooling System Treatment tablets work with just water?
Yes, tablets work in systems containing only water. When used in water alone, it is also recommended to use a cooling system anti-rust and water pump lube for extra corrosion protection.
- How does Bar’s Leaks Professional DiFM Cooling System Treatment 5 gram tablets stop a leak?
It will seal external, internal and coolant to oil leaks. Once installed, the Bar’s Leaks particles shrink up to 15 percent. On an external leak, the tiny particles flow to the point of the leak. They then collect at the outside of the seepage and build inward. Internal leaks, the Bars Leaks particles will burn when subjected to the 5000°F heat of the combustion chamber to seal minor head gasket seepage and small cracks. On coolant to oil leaks, where coolant can seep into the crankcase contaminating the oil, the tiny Bar’s Leaks particles will seal the pores in cast iron and aluminum preventing this seepage.
- Will Bar’s Leaks DiFM 5-Gram Cooling System Treatment harm the cooling system?
No, it will not damage the cooling system. It is harmless to ALL plastic metals, aluminum, hoses and connections. In addition, it is non-toxic. Tablets fully dissolve in minutes.
- How long does it take for the Bar’s Leaks Professional 5-Gram DiFM Cooling System Treatment to stop a leak?
We recommend you drive/idle vehicle for 15 to 20 minutes. Most leaks are sealed immediately, and all others will be sealed within this amount of drive/idle time. If the leak is not sealed, a second application maybe required.
- Are these the same tablets the auto and truck manufactures use?
Yes, these are the same tablets as used by many OEM auto and truck manufacturers.
General Motors (3634621)
Ford Motor (F6SE-19A511-AA)
- Will Bar’s Leaks Professional 5-Gram DiFM Cooling System Treatment help protect the cooling system?
Bar’s Leaks Professional DiFM Cooling System Treatment 5-gram tablets are the perfect product to use any time servicing the cooling system, including parts replacement and flush & fills. It inhibits the formation of rust and scale, keeps the system clean, neutralizes pH imbalance, controls electrolysis, lubricates and seals internal, external and coolant-to-oil leaks.
- Will Bar’s Leaks plug my heater core?
No, the tiny particles will pass through a 24-gauge mesh screen (this is like a screen door mesh) which is the spec for the BIG 3 car/truck manufacturers. They say that any product installed in the cooling system must pass through this screen. Bar’s Leaks is the only stop leak to pass this test and to be approved by the vehicle manufacturers.
Note: If using Bar’s Leaks to stop heater core leaks, make sure you turn your heater control to HOT. Some vehicles have a valve that controls coolant flow through the core.
- What if I don’t have direct access to the radiator?
Remove top hose where it connects to the top of radiator and install tablets in hose. Reattach hose and tighten clamp.
- How do I pre-dissolve tablets?
Just add tablets to warm water. You may also crumble tablets for easier application.
- I have an extra large cooling system, how many tablets do I install?
Automotive, Fleet, Over-the-Road Vehicles and Stationary Equipment.
INITIAL TREATMENT – Install 4 tablets per gallon of cooling system capacity.
For Preventative Maintenance – Install 2 tablets per gallon of cooling system capacity every 15,000 miles.
For stationary engines or heavy duty equipment which work by hours.
- 250 hours for every 10,000 to 15,000 miles
- 500 hours for every 15,001 to 25,000 miles